This 2-day workshop is designed for people interested in the statistical computing program R. No prior knowledge of R is required. Students will learn the basic skills needed to start analyzing their own data.
Specific topics covered include:
- R environment (directories, workspace, scripts, and packages),
- simple commands to get you started,
- data structures (vector, matrix, data frames, lists),
- and the beginnings of simple data analysis (built-in statistical packages, plotting, etc.).
As time permits, an introduction to loops and functions may also be covered.
- Participants will need to bring their own laptop preloaded with the latest version of R and RStudio.
Facilitator: Michelle Jones