On this page
Policies and borrower responsibilities
Fraser Library (Surrey) loans equipment to support teaching, learning, and research by faculty, staff and students at Surrey campus. The purpose of this policy is to provide equitable access to the equipment for curriculum use, to maximize availability of the equipment, to minimize damage to the equipment as well as inconvenience to users.
In addition to the specific policies below, equipment loans are subject to the SFU Library Loan Policy.
- Any item on extended loan can be recalled if requested by another user
- Late returns on recalled material are subject to late fees
- All equipment must be returned to the library branch where it was checked out
- Equipment must be returned directly to library staff; you are responsible for it until it is checked in.
- When you return the equipment, make sure that you are returning every item in the kit. Check to make sure that you have not left a video tape in the tape compartment, or tripod quick-release plates on the bottom of the camera.
- You do not need to recharge the battery. We will do that as part of the testing procedure.
- Let the library staff know immediately if there are any damaged parts, or if the item has malfunctioned in any way.
Loan Periods and Fines
Overnight and two day loans are due at noon, and if borrowed on Friday are due Monday at noon. The fine for overdue equipment is $3 per hour.
- $3 per hour to a maximum of $200 (for 4hr, 1 day and 2 day loan equipment)
- $25 per day to a maximum of $200 (for 1 week and 3 week loan equipment)
- $25 additional fine for 4hr on-campus use equipment not returned by library closing time
Damaged, lost or stolen equipment
The equipment is very fragile and must be handled carefully. You will be charged full repair or replacement costs for damaged, lost or stolen equipment.
- Completion of the appropriate equipment workshop(s)
- Score of 100% on the appropriate quiz(zes) and results brought to the Library Loans Desk
- Special stickers for cameras, video cameras & lighting kits
- Signature on an equipment borrower's agreement each year
- PowerPoint presentations