Equipment at Belzberg Library includes:
- 2 DVD/video players (one allows up to 4 people to view a film, with headphones);
- audio cds may be played on the DVD players or the assignment computers described below;
- 1 combination microfilm/microfiche reader;
- 1 cassette tape player;
- 5 multi phone chargers;
- 3 iPhone 5 chargers;
- 2 digital voice recorders
- 2 connectors for laptops/projector.
Headphones and phone chargers are available for borrowing at the circulation desk. See Belzberg Library equipment for a list of other equipment that can be borrowed.
Computers at Belzberg Library:
- 13 Assignment computers, with standard lab software including Office, statistical software, and course-specific software. Use is limited to students, faculty, and staff with a valid SFU computing ID and password. 1 computer is located on the mezzanine level.
- 5 Library Express computers, with access to library website and online electronic resources. Alumni, external borrowers or others without SFU computing IDs may access online resources via this logon procedure. 1 computer is located on the mezzanine level.
- 12 laptop computers, available for 4 hour loans for use at the Vancouver campus. Laptops have standard lab software and access to SFU network, personal filespace, and printing.
- 1 Stand-alone computer, with access to offline research databases including PCensus, Clear Decisions (formerly PMB), Compustat, and more.
- 1 black and white printer. Computers at Belzberg Library are also networked to the ACS lab printer and colour lab printer.
- 1 scanner and both photocopiers allow scanning and sending to email.
- Please consult the SFU Library public computer policy for further information.
Print cards are no longer offered at SFU as the printing service has changed to the online Papercut system. See the Student printing services webpage for more information on how to add money to your online Papercut account. Coin photocopiers are also available at 11 cents a page. You can also scan and send documents directly to your email using the photocopiers.
Change for photocopiers may be obtained at the Circulation desk.